Cardiovascular disease is the leading cause of death in the United States, with hundreds of thousands of lives being claimed each year due to cardiac arrest. With Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support classes from OC Safety, professionals in healthcare are provided with expert training and education, so they are prepared to respond and provide care in cardiovascular emergencies.
The goal of the ACLS Provider Pre-Course study guide is to prepare you for your ACLS Certification and build your Megacode skills. When you become ACLS certified, you are to improve outcomes for adult patients of cardiac and other cardiopulmonary emergencies through early recognition and interventions by high-performance teams (AHA, provider manual).
Here are the steps you need to follow for your ACLS Certification Class:
- You can purchase our ACLS Study Guide with OC Safety Inc. This was formulated by our nurse practitioner who has 20 years of experience in an emergency setting as a healthcare provider and an intensive care unit nurse during her career as a registered nurse. She breaks it down in an easy format for you to easily understand. If you are a first time taking the ACLS certification, I highly recommend purchasing the AHA provider manual textbook.
- Once you have completed our review ACLS Study Guide, you can register for an ACLS certification class approved by the AHA. The AHA requires you to do a pre-course assessment study guide through the AHA website: https://elearning.heart.org/courses. Find the course names: ACLS Precourse Self-assessment (PSA). You will need a passing score of at least 70% in order to take the ACLS course class.
- Once you have completed the AHA Pre-course Assessment and you were able to score at least 70%, you need to print the certificate and bring that to your class course. Once you have attended your ACLS class at any AHA class site, your card then becomes valid for 2 years.
Who should take our ACLS Certification Classes?
While ACLS can be useful for anyone responding to a cardiovascular emergency, those most often pursuing ACLS certification courses are professional healthcare workers under the supervision of licensed physicians and who are required to be certified in ACLS such as:
- Registered nurses
- Physician assistants
- First Responders
- People working in emergency rooms
- People working in ICUs
- People working in other emergency settings
ACLS is an advanced course that emphasizes the importance of communication and team dynamics, systems of care, and immediate post-cardiac-arrest care. Our ACLS Online Course Self Study Guide is created in a simple format for easy understanding. You can comfortably learn the skills you need to save lives in the comfort of your homes.
What to Expect from Your ACLS Pre-course On-Line Study Guide
OC Safety is different from other CPR, first aid, and ACLS training companies in that registered nurses, paramedics, and firefighters who have used their life-saving skills in their daily lives are the ones training our students. A hands-on experience makes it easier for our instructors to effectively teach others how to identify and treat medical conditions since they have personal experience using those ACLS skills in the field. It also makes the training more enjoyable for students as they hear about real-life scenarios where the first-aid knowledge they are getting could be used in the future to help someone in need.
Sign up to our classes today! To schedule a class, proceed here.